
Those of you who follow Big Ten basketball know already that Michigan State University beat Wisconsin on Tuesday. I love Big Ten style Basketball, and was thrilled to see MSU bring their A+++ game. MSU probably had the toughest Big Ten schedule of any team in the conference this year, and I hope the selection committee appreciates this. While MSU has not done anything special before this win, I think this game did a couple things for the Big Ten.
1) It showed the Wisconsin and Ohio State are not the only teams to take into account going into March Madness. MSU and Indiana can play with most teams in the country.
2) MSU showed there best game, and Wisconsin was neck and neck until the final minutes. Wisconsin is for real, and in my estimation is the most likely team to make the Final Four this year. This is of all teams in the country. Why? They are the most consistent team in the country. They also have the best team leader in the country in Alando Tucker. This guy holds The Badgers together from an offensive, and defensive aspect. If he's not the player of the year, it's because the voters don't like Wisconsin's style, or don't look at all aspects of the game.
MSU has finally shown the full team unity and defense that they had signs of in November. If they can play like this consistently, they could make the Sweet 16, maybe the Elite Eight, but that's a stretch.
March Madness is approaching quickly, and it's going to be GREAT!!
1 comment:
This game really made me not like Michigan State!! I didn't like them before and now that they've knocked off my favorite team after that got to #1, I really don't like them.
Not that it's not Wisconsin's fault. They have a history of blowing games after moving up in the rankings (look at previous years). And they also have trouble when they are behind, which could hurt them in the tournament.
What I'm worried about is if they lose to Ohio State this weekend. They will then probably drop out of the top 5 and then it will be hard to make up ground and get a #1 seed in the tournament. Not that a #2 seed is bad, but a #1 would help a lot!
Post a Comment