Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Rip on the Military Win An Oscar

On the "Today Show" today they were hawking a documentary that featured a veteran who was injured in Iraq. I feel bad for him and I thank him for his service, but here is what's annoying.

The documentary is about how he signed up after 9/11 wanting to fight in Afghanistan but was instead sent to Iraq. And guess who the producer of the documentary is? Mr. I Hate America himself - Sean Penn.

So it's basically a documentary ripping on America and ripping on the military because this guy didn't want to fight in Iraq. And of course the "Today Show" loved it!

But if you sign up for the military aren't you at their service?? You don't get to pick where you go. When he signed up he should have expected to be shipped anywhere.
Also, would the "Today Show" ever profile a documentary celebrating soldiers or showing American pride or patriotism? Never in a million years would that get shown. But if you rip on America or if you're Sean Penn you get profiled.

I was glad to see that movie "Stop Loss" bomb in theaters last weekend. The movie is about a soldier who comes home and then gets called back to Iraq but he doesn't want to go. Again, it's a movie about the evil military and how evil America is. Just a crap movie. I"m glad it bombed along with all these other anti-American Iraq movies that have come out lately.
Sorry Hollywood, but not everyone wants to listen to your liberal agenda on these issues.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure most people who sign up for the military know that they don't get to choose where they go. but after 9/11 a lot of the soldiers who joined most likely joined to help catch the people who did it, or to prevent future attacks. They might not have expected to be doing something that has nothing to do with american security like liberating a country not linked to 9/11.

Anonymous said...

The MURDERS of over 80,000 Iraqi CIVILIANS have been reported in the English-speaking media since the beginning of the invasion. God only knows what the real number is. This is about right vs. wrong, not liberal vs. conservative.