Some observations:
1) Why do people in Minneapolis drive sooooooooooooo slow on sidestreets??? They are the type that start breaking halfway down the block even though the light is green, just in case the light turns red.
And I'm really starting to be a fan of banning cell phones while driving because half the time those are the people driving 10 under the speed limit!
2) I live in Minnesota and I don't care about college hockey. There, I said it. I really don't care about the Gopher hockey team. But you're sort of forced to care around here. But really, I have no interest in watching them on Friday and Saturday nights and I don't care that their star player just left for the NHL. I guess I'm not a true Minnesotan!!!
3) Never trust Bill Parcells. Everytime he says he's retiring, he comes back within two years. I think I said this last year when he "retired" from Dallas and said he was one. Well now he's back as the Director of Football Operations for the Miami Dolphins, which basically means he'll fire the head coach after next season and take over the job himself.
How many times has Parcells "retired" now? And is he not one of the biggest jerks in sports? I'm not a Terrell Owens fan, but it's funny how well behaved he is this year now that Parcells is gone.
4) Just curious if Democrats were going to jump on their anti-war hero Rep. John Murtha for appropriating $166.5 million in earmarks for defense spending to his home district in Pennsylvania?
After all, isn't that their constant bash against VP Dick Cheney - that he gave defense contracts to his company Haliburton??
Hmmmm, seems that Murtha is making millions for companies in his district. In other words, money for votes. Funny that he's Mr. Anti-War, yet he has no problem getting defense contracts.
Yet, there is complete silence from the left. Shocking!
5) A letter to the editor in today's Minneapolis Star Tribune said that "the Bush administration has left a grotesque trail of blunders, lies corruption and illegal cover-ups." Of course nowhere in the letter did the writer list these "lies" that liberals constantly whine over. I'd like to see a list please with evidence and details of each "lie." There is a letter everyday saying that Bush lied, yet I've never seen what he's lied about.
The writer also said "the American people want President Bush held accountable for using torture." Nice of him to generalize. I'd appreciate if he didn't include me in that statement and in fact, I'm all for torture if it saves lives. And I think a lot of Americans are in favor of it if they don't know about it.
Let's see - another 9/11 or torturing a scumbag terrorist with knowledge of a bomb plot. Ya, let's try talking to him and see what he says. Give me a break!
6) With all the news lately about subprime mortgages and foreclosures I started wondering why the lenders are always the ones to blame? Yes, there are predatory lenders out there and they should all be prosecuted and kept out of the profession. But why is the borrower never to blame?
I'm sorry they can't afford their house and are being thrown out, but at the same time they are the ones that signed the contract and knew the terms all along. If they barely had enough money when they bought the house, then they should have forecast that they might not be able to afford it in the future. Of course the lender is going to say you "qualify," that's their job. But it's the borrower's job to know their own financial situation and to deal with it. It's not everyone else's responsibility to bail you out of your situation.
If you didn't understand the terms of the contract then you should have asked for legal advice or had someone else review it. Don't sign it!!
I get so sick of people who get themselves into financial problems because they spend money they don't have on plasma TVs, buy houses they can't afford, buy cars they can't afford, have children they can't afford and rack up bills on stupid things they can't afford - and then come crying to the government for help when they can't afford it. And then everyone else who is responsible with their money gets stuck footing the bill. What a country!
And with that I wish you all a Merry Christmas. Ooops, I'm not allowed to use the word Christmas am I??
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
First off, you are dead wrong. Bill Parcells is the greatest coach of all time. No one else can come into the NFL's worst teams and have them transformed in 2 years as he can. He keeps the NFL interesting. I'm sure you would jump for joy if the Bears were ever smart enough to make him an offer.
Next topic: Torture. According to your statements, you are ok with torture if it saves lives. That is ridiculous in the face of the recent findings of an Al-Qaeda torture site in Iraq. Torture should be our policy against enemies that use torture. Why did we win the Cold War? We won because it was widely understood that if we were hit with a Nuke, we would return in-kind.
Also, I don't remember Al Qaeda signing the Geneva Convention. Therefore, I consider the agreement nullified in their case. Too bad suckas!!!!
1) I would never want Bill Parcells involved with the Bears. They need stability, not someone that will leave in two years.
2) You misinterpreted my torture statements. I support torture against anyone that does the same, not just when lives are in danger. I could care less about harm to terrorists who claim no nationality.
I was just pointing out an example to those that don't support it under any circumstances.
How can you not like hockey? That's like saying "I don't like oxygen" Have you been to a Wild game? Hands down the best thing going on in the Cities....
I like hockey, I'm just not nuts about it. Seeing a hockey game in person is a great sports experience, I do enjoy that. But I never watch it on TV.
I like the NHL more than college hockey.
And I really hate high school hockey. That's one tournament have 0% interest in watching.
Post a Comment