Friday, October 19, 2007

Yankees Suck


I've hated Joe Torre for 12 years (because he was a Yankee), but now I love him! My new favorite ex-Yankee!

The Yankees offer to Torre was a 1-year deal for $2.5 million less than he made this year. Torre called it an insult and turned it down.


George Steinbrenner's kids have taken over the job because George is barely alive anymore. My guess is they kids wanted to let Torre go so they could start over and put their own handprint on the team. But they knew if they just let Torre go they would be the bad guys. So they decided to make him an offer that they knew he would reject. That way he would share in the blame.

Well I think it backfired on them because the offer was for less. I don't think Torre would have stayed regardless, I think he was tired of his job being on the line every year, even though he kept bringing them to the playoffs.


What will happen now? The Yankees will hire either Don Mattingly, Joe Girardi, Tony LaRussa or Bobby Valentine. If they hire Mattingly, I predict he'll be fired within 3 years because the team will stink and he'll have no clue what he's doing.

This could be a big offseason for the Yankees. Will they no longer be a place where players want to go? The team has a few holes and players could be leaving - A-Rod, Posada, Riveria. They might not be able to sign all the free agents they want.


I'm hoping this is the end of the Yankees, I would love to see their downfall begin next season with their legend Mattingly at the helm!

No comments: