Friday, July 13, 2007

The Democrat Swifties

It amazes me how hypocritical the media can be when it comes to criticism of Republican and Democratic campagins.
The media and Democrats are still bitter over the Swift Boat Veterans who launched ads against Democrat John Kerry in the 2004 presidential election. They constantly refer to this as a major "smear campaign" and talk about how low and evil it was.

Well the same thing is now happening to Rudy Giuliani and I have yet to hear a peep from the same critics of the Swifties. A major firefighter union in NYC has been blasting Rudy for a couple months now saying that he was not a hero on 9/11 and was a horrible leader. They have bought commercial ads, launched a 13-minute video and are following him around the country to "tell Americans about the real Rudy."
What's the difference between these guys and the Swift Boat Veterans? One thing - the firefighters are blasting a Republican and that's acceptable. It's never a "smear campaign" or bad politics when it's a Democrat or liberal group launching ads against a Republican. It's only evil if it's a Republican group picking on a poor Democrat.

Here's the thing - I don't care at all about "smear" campaigns, ads, etc. It's part of politics. I would just like to see the same people that blasted the Swifties (the liberal media) blast the firefighters union as well for doing the EXACT same thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. . it'll be really interesting if it does end up Rudy vs. Hillary. I can't imagine there's two people out there with as many potential skeletons as those two. Gonna get ugly. . .