Friday, August 29, 2008

Vice President Palin



Here is everything you want to know about McCain's pick to be VP, Gov. Sarah Palin. And more.

I'll just say that I'm extremely excited by this pick. Excellent job by the McCain team!!! She's conservative, young, active, a fighter, an outdoorsman, a family person, a DC outsider, a Governor (leader) and can hopefully help get the women's vote.

And the McCain camp did an excellent job with rolling out this pick. Rather than leak it last night during Obama's speech, they kept quiet about it and kept the media wondering. I turned on the morning news shows this morning and rather than talking about Obama's speech they kept wondering who McCain was picking. It was a new rumor every five minutes. It completely stole the thunder from Obama!!!!!

I am a big supporter of Gov. Pawlenty and really wanted to see him in the VP slot, however I think this pick will be better. Pawlenty had lost a lot of his buzz since he had been speculated on so much the past few months. Choosing Pawlenty would have been anticlimatic and wouldn't have generated the excitement that Palin's pick did. Pawlenty still has a future in politics and now he's known nationally. He did a lot of hard work for the McCain campaign and hopefully he'll be rewarded with a Cabinet position.

(Notice in my top five list on the left how I had her in there! She's always been one of my top three favorites, I just always assumed it was Pawlenty or Mitt Romney.)

Okay, negatives. Well, her experience and age, which are the same things we've been bashing Obama for. The difference - the office they are running for. Yes, Palin is one heartbeat away from the Oval Office so she'll have to prove she's ready for the job. But Obama has to prove he's ready for it NOW.

Obama's Experience: Community organizer (picture Al Sharpton type crap), state legislator for 8 years (where he didn't vote on one controversial bill - remember, he's been planning his presidential run since law school, he's smart!), U.S. Senator for 4 years (where he's basically been running for president the entire time and has never authored a major bill).

Palin's Experience: Business owner, Mayor (Granted, town of 7,000), Governor of Alaska (population 600,000). Also has run for Lt. Governor.

Decide for yourself.

5 comments:

Joe Mama said...

be prepared for the attack dogs on this one...you're talking about a party that went after Hillary to get Obama the nomination...

Anonymous said...

when your candidate is 72 you can't say she doesn't have to be ready now. he could die tomorrow. If you say obama isn't ready, there's no way she is.

Julio Jorge Lopez Najera said...

A couple of things in response both to McCain's pick, and to the crticism of it. First, I'm not the polical junkie that cubfan is, so Palin kind of took me by surprise. What this does is, get me excited about an energetic fresh face to the polical scene, which if this is true for more Republicans, could get the party moving in the right direction again! Second, she has fought corruption, and succeeded. All public figures have people associated with them trying to use them for personal gain, which seems to be the case with Palen. However, while Obama talks about what he thinks he can do based on speeches about standing Democratic policy, Pqlen has actually gotten results on her stand against wasteful spending and corruption. Palen doesn't have foreign policy experience, but she has leadership experience. Obama has neither!

Julio Jorge Lopez Najera said...

I just wanted to say that I have several typos in the previous post, but I don't seem to be able to edit them. I'm excited about Palin, unlike I thought I could possibly be about a McCain VP pick. Please bring about smaller government and fight against the socialists!

Cub Fan, Bud Man said...

In response to Alex - I did say in my post that she has to prove she's ready for the job. The difference is that Obama is taking over on Day 1 and has much more to prove.

Nonetheless, Palin has more experience than Obama and has actually been in charge of something. Obama has never taken the lead on anything and never been in charge.