Friday, July 18, 2008

I've seen The Dark Knight!


As the founder of this blog once said "Michael Scarn, you are a nerd." He is right. I attended the midnight screening of The Dark Knight! The movie is frickin awesome. Imagine "The Departed" Batman style. Everything you need in this movie is here. Non-stop action, fantastic characters, a surprisingly emotional story, and no campyness! I am pretty sure I was grinning the entire time during this movie because I was so excited it was actually good. As for Heath Ledger as the Joker? He makes Jack Nicholson look...lame.


I was shocked by how many people turned out for the midnight showing. 9 theaters were open. We arrived at 11:20, picked up our pre-ordered tickets bought online (very easy) and headed into our theater. The nerds were out in full force!!! We had to sit in the last row of the front section!! Man, does your neck start to hurt. Of course we were sitting next to the biggest nerd in the show; A guy dressed as the Joker. He pretty closely resembled the current vision of the Joker. Why when people dress up do they have to get up and down all the time?? The nerd must have left the theater 5 times before it started!! Just to get attention!!! Loser.


If you want to avoid the nerds for this movie I would suggest waiting a week or two. I'm just glad no one was dressed as Mr. Freeze!! Good God!!!

2 comments:

Cub Fan, Bud Man said...

Looks like the "Dark Knight" is setting records already.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx/?news=323480&GT1=28101

Cub Fan, Bud Man said...

This is just stupid - people are paying up to $100 per ticket for Batman.

I'm confused - won't this movie be in theaters for the next 7 months????????????????

http://wcbstv.com/entertainment/dark.knight.tickets.2.774172.html