Tuesday, February 12, 2008

You Better Vote for Them or Else!

Newsweek has an article out saying that most people are probably unconscious racists and sexist.
This is what will be annoying about the upcoming election - if you don't vote for Hillary you will be called sexist and if you don't vote for Obama you will be called racist. Doesn't matter if you don't agree with them on issues or if you just like the other guy better - you are a racist of sexist if you don't vote for them.
I hate this non-stop talk about how America needs to vote them in to get over this prejudice and how this is a great opportunity to end the streak of white presidents.
Hey, give me a black or woman candidate that I agree with and I'll be more than happy to vote for them. Condi Rice - step right up!! But I'm not going to vote for them just because someone says we NEED to have a black or woman president.
I guess I'll just be called a racist and sexist then.

One other thing bugging me - all these "conservatives" saying they aren't going to vote because they don't like McCain. My thought is that if you don't vote then you don't have any right to complain about politics until the next election. If you hate him that bad, then vote for Hillary or Obama. But don't vote at all and then sit around complaining for the next four years about political issues.
That pretty much applies to everyone, regardless of party. I hate it when people complain about politics and then you ask them who they voted for AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN VOTE! It's your own fault then!

1 comment:

Julio Jorge Lopez Najera said...

Cub Fan yelled at me once on the 'not voting' issue. I haven't missed a vote, since. I voted in my first primary this year.

On McCain, I don't know if I ever mentioned on this site, but unlike the Cubfan, I've been for McCain for a long time. I never jumped on his Rudy wagon. I believe that the biggest reason to have McCain as President is that he was the only person ever in the race that could legitimately say he's not a divider. Whether you like that about him, or not, he will work to get things done. I believe McCain's stances are not the best, but he's the most likely to accomplish his goals. No Dem will, and not other Rep could have. There will never be a Dem nominated for presidency that could dream of uniting this country. The closest Dem to being able to do that is Lieberman, and look how they treated him. McCain might be able to bring some unity in this country. No matter your stance on the issues, you have to agree that this country has been, will be, and is the strongest and best when we are united.