Wednesday, February 06, 2008

More Political Bits

Here are some additional political notes for your entertainment:

1) Here is a good article that explains the conservatives reaction to John McCain. The article is right on. The problem with McCain is that people look at those three issues where he teamed up with Democrats and they blast him for that. If conservatives would look at his overall record they'd see he actually is more conservative than Romney.

Someone at the caucus last night had a checklist of issues and how the candidates felt about each one. I went down the list and put checkmarks by all the issues I agreed with. McCain beat Romney and Huckabee with no problem. And some of the issues weren't even "super conservative" issues.

I was listening to Laura Ingraham today and she's starting to accept McCain as the nominee. Her and Rush have said all along that they will still vote for him and support him, but they are doing their best to stop him from winning. Laura pointed out that if Republicans instead vote for Hillary or Obama they are hurting their chances of taking over the Supreme Court for one thing. That should be enough right there to prevent people from doing a "protest vote" against McCain.

2) 50 Cent said he supports Hillary Clinton. He likes Obama but said that Americans would probably shoot him because they aren't ready for a black president. Wow, that's quite a comment Mr. Cent.

3) One funny note from last night's caucus I forgot to share - someone in our precinct voted for Alan Keys. I laughed out loud along with a couple other people. I'm sorry I laughed at someone's vote, but seriously, what's the point?? Is he even running for president??

4) Here's a political map where you can click on each state to see how they have voted so far or to see when they will vote.

No comments: