Monday, February 25, 2008

Inferiority complex?



Who do you prefer? The one who strives to be great and falls short? or the one who says they are weak, but exceeds?

For example:

Say, you are going to hire someone to clean your house. Would you hire the guy that says it will be spotless, yet references have said it wasn't what they expected? Or would you go with the guy that says it will be basically clean and references have said they got what they expected? Assume that they are both the same price!

Now, what if a politician says they are ethical and stand behind morals, yet makes some mistakes? vs. a politician that doesn't claim to be ethical, looks the other way, and you know is immoral? Do you punish someone who strives to do what's best for the public, yet falls short? Do you reward the guy who brings money home to make sure their friends are fat and happy?

Last week the New York Times ran an article that they are now claiming was about McCain's closeness to lobbyists'. I fully believe that McCain pisses lobbyists off more than he helps them and this is a losing battle for the Liberals, but it brings up a broader point. Do you prefer the person who tries not to cheat, but does once in awhile, or the one who makes no qualls about cheating, and knowingly continues to cheat? Any gangster rolls in your freezer?

If someone is crooked, I won't vote for them, Regardless of political affiliation. I don't like big groups throwing their money around to get favorable results from politicians. Groups that I would include in that:

Automakers

Energy Companies

Unions

George Soros

Hollywood

Tobacco companies

1 comment:

Cub Fan, Bud Man said...

I agree, I won't vote for anyone crooked, regardless of party.