
What the heck happened to the Chicago Bears this year? From Super Bowl to one of the worst teams in the NFL. Makes you so proud to be a Chicago Bears fan! The best part is knowing that it will be a few years before this team is even relevant again. The team is a mess and until they get a solid QB the team is going nowhere. So Bear fans, prepare yourselves for being the worst team in the division again for many years to come.
What can be done to fix the problems? Here is my list:
- Fire Lovie Smith. I'm serious about this. The only thing I see him doing is sitting on the sideline with a stupid look on his face. Why doesn't he override the play calling of the horrible Offensive Coordinator Ron Turner rather than just shaking his head at bad plays? What is up with all the stupid penalties this year - false starts, delay of game, personal fouls, etc. - these are all coaching problems due to lack of discipline. Oh, and Lovie was the one who wanted Adam Archuletta as his main free agent signing. Nice move.
I'm sorry, but a good coach doesn't let his team go from the Super Bowl to 5 wins in one season, that's just plain pathetic!
Ya, last year I didn't want him to leave and was hoping the Bears would sign him to an extension. Now I regret that and realize he has no clue what he's doing. Fire Lovie and bring in Bill Cowher!
- Now we know Lovie isn't getting fired so then what? At least fire the coordinators. Ron Turner has no clue what he's doing calling plays. I think his playbook revolves around a side pass that gets stuffed every time and throwing to Hester. And Babich the D-coordinator can take a hike as well.
- QB situation - they have to find a QB who will last. Rex Grossman is a free agent - bye bye. Don't even bother keeping him around for another go around, he'll never amount to anything. Kyle Orton is an embarassment to football and Brian Griese needs a walker. I'm all for Donovann McNabb or trading the farm for Derek Anderson. I know there are questions with McNabb, but if you sign him for two years and draft a QB that will be ready in two years, that might be the solution.
- RB - Cedric Benson is buddies with Ricky Williams, hence they are pot buddies! Teams passed on Benson in the draft specifically for this reason. But not the stupid Bears. Now they have this bum under contract. Cut him and eat the money? They at least have to sign a RB - Michael Turner from San Diego would be nice.
Offensive Line - It's old and needs to be replaced, enough said.
Defensive - If healthy the d-line could still be good. The problem is the safeties and cornerbacks. If Mike Brown and Nathan Vasher are healthy that helps, but you can't count on that.
Free Agents - Bernard Berrian and Lance Briggs. They need both guys back. Will they get them? I doubt it, the stupid Bears will probably let both go and bring back Rex.
I should really quit being a Chicago sports fan, I can't take it anymore.
The worst part is that now I'll probably have to watch my two most hated teams in football, the Vikings and the Packers, face off in the NFC Championship game. It makes me want to puke thinking of the green and mustard yellow facing off against the Barney purple in late January. The only thing preventing that is the Dallas Cowboys, but it appears Jessica Simpson is already helping Tony Romo screw that one up.
No comments:
Post a Comment