
There is a movement going on to lower the legal drinking age to 18. Currently, all states have different rules on whether or not those under the age of 21 can drink.
I've went back and forth on this issue. Part of me thinks that it would be better to have the drinking age at 18 because college kids are going to drink anyways and this might actually reduce the amount of overdrinking that is done in college dorm rooms, since they would probably be at a bar.
On the other hand, there are 18 year olds in high school and I don't think it's a good idea to have 18 year old high schoolers who can drink buying alcohol for their classmates.
A drinking age of 19 seems more reasonable to me.
1 comment:
I concur. 19 is the optimal age as it will likely be kept out of the hands of high schoolers. However, it does leave one area of concern still: 18 year olds in the military. I think they should have waiver and be allowed to drink as well - if you are willing to put your life on the line to serve your country, you should also be able to have a drink!
Post a Comment