Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Evil Empire

Well I'd like to thank the Boston Red Sox for laying a big egg this week and allowing the New York Yankees into the playoffs. The Yankees completed a sweep of the Red Sox today and the Yankees now lead the Wild Card race and are only 5 behind Boston in the East.

Why can't the Red Sox ever put this team away? They had them dead and buried a few months ago but now they've got ESPN all excited again because the Yankees are going to make the playoffs. Just once I'd love to watch October baseball without having to watch Yankee games every night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't differentiate betwen Boston and New York -- Red Sox are just as guilty as going out and buying a team as the Yankees are. IN fact, I hate Boston a little more because of all the band wagon jumpers after the last WS win ... just like Cubs fans. All of a sudden everybody was a Cubs fan "even when they sucked" ... yea, right. I love the Twins and the VIkings, but if they suck I'm the first to turn off the TV and go do something worhtwhile with my time. Anyway, I think that the Evil Empire runs from Boston to NYC. Go Devil Rays!

Cub Fan, Bud Man said...

I'm starting to like the Red Sox less and less as the years go on. Especially if they go out and get A-Rod next season as they talk about doing.
But they still don't match the Yankees for my hatred.

Cubs - I know, plenty of bandwagon Cubs fans out there. But I can bring up many pictures of me in Cubs gear as a little kid if you would like. I went to Wrigley on an almost yearly basis growing up and could probably name off the yearly lineups of the teams.
I grew up watching WGN games all summer - just ask my mom when she had to tell me to go outside and do something!
So that's my defense of being a Cub fan.