What movies I'm watching:
"We Are Marshall" - Interesting movie based on the plane crash that killed almost the entire Marshall football team in 1970. I didn't know much about this incident before I saw the movie, I can't imagine what this would have been like if you lived in this town.
"Glory Road" - Another inspirational sports movie based on the Western Texas college basketball team that won with all black players in their starting lineup. It's a good movie, but it's so "Disneyfied" that I don't know what to believe. I looked at imdb.com on this movie and it looks like half of the stuff in this movie was not true - they didn't win the title in the coach's first year on the job, they didn't dunk the ball at that time and there were already black players on the team when Haskins took over as coach.
"United 93" - Best movie I saw in 2006. You're cheering for them as they storm the cockpit even though you know what's going to happen. Great movie because there are no major stars in the movie to focus on.
What I'm watching on TV:
"24" - Best show on TV hands down. After the first two hours of this season I was a little worried it was just going to repeat the last couple seasons. But hours 3 and 4 changed all of that, although I am a little pissed at the character they killed off. My hope for "24" in the future? That they do the show somewhere besides Los Angeles! Why would anyone live in this city anymore, it's been under attack for 6 seasons now!
"Beauty and the Geek" - Entertaining reality show we stumbled upon by watching marathons of Seasons 1 and 2 on MTV. Although this season some of the geeks don't seem too geeky and instead seem to be actors and some of the beauties are obviously on here just to get more famous. The past seasons seemed to be a little more realistic and they all got along better.
"Little People, Big World" - I don't know why I am hooked on this show, but when I see it on TLC I stop to watch it everytime. Check it out and see what you think.
What I'm Reading:
"Fiasco, A History of Hollywood's Iconic Flops" - Somewhat entertaining book on some of Hollywood's biggest failures including "The Last Action Hero," "Waterworld" and "Popeye." Some of the movies in the book I haven't heard of because they were before my time, but the rest are pretty funny to read about.
"Term Limits" by Vince Flynn - Excellent political thriller. Flynn is a writer for "24" so if you enjoy that show you'll enjoy his books.
What I'm Enjoying In Sports:
The Bears march towards the Super Bowl.
Pitchers and catchers report in less than a month!
What I'm Paying Attention To In Politics:
The battle between Hillary, Edwards and Obama. Let them duke it out so that the candidate that emerges comes out with plenty of baggage. The Republicans need to select a candidate so they don't go thru the same garbage.
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment